Italian basil, extra virgin olive oil, peanuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and brown sugar!
Basil Pesto (175gms)
- 2 cups fusilli pasta or macaroni, 200 grams – you can also use 200 grams of pasta like spaghetti or farfalle or rigatoni
- 5 to 6 cups water or add as required
- 1 teaspoon salt or add as required
- 1/2 jar The Prodigal Farm Basil Pesto
- Bring 5 to 6 cups water to a boil on a medium to high flame. Add 1 teaspoon salt or as required to the water.
When the water comes to a boil, then add 2 cups fusilli or macaroni pasta (200 grams).
Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Or, if you prefer, cook pasta until it is completely done. With a slotted spoon, remove the pasta from the pan. Drain it very well.
Add the cooked pasta in a mixing bowl.
Add the pesto sauce and mix very well. If you want you can add some lemon juice, or crushed black pepper or extra virgin olive oil at this point.
Serve pesto pasta garnished with some vegetarian parmesan cheese. You can also garnish with cheddar cheese or vegan cheese. Garnish is optional. Pesto pasta can be served warm or at room temperature.